In order to address the diversified livelihood needs of the coastal area especially the fisherfolk there are 60 projects undertaken under the TEAP/TRP rehabilitation package. The major components of the stabilization package will be implemented in the initial phase and during the second phase expansion of the livelihoods.
The objectives of the scheme are
- Integrated development of sustainable livelihoods for the fisherfolks of Kerala.
- Promote livelihood diversifications and alternate livelihood to improve in income level of fishermen families.
- Improve the skills and provide new livelihood skills through capacity development programme.
- Facilitate technology up gradation to reduce drudgery and improve efficiency and quality.
- Instil quality consciousness both in production process and in living condition.
- Develop management and leadership skills through training.
- Promote common production centres.
- Provide marketing support for products and services.
- The projects are implemented through SAF