Fisherfolks play an important role in maintaining the economy of the state. Development Of Fisherfolk is to build a fishermen community that is comprehensively developed in all spheres such as education, health, social status and economic growth. The various Programmes of development Fisherfolks are geared to benefit all Men, Women, Youth and Children of the fishing community living in the coastal belt by helping them to improve their education, health, culture, economic status, employment opportunities, social awareness and social action. Fisheries Technical high schools, providing Sports goods and instruments, providing educational aids to fisheries schools such as computers and audiovisual aids, public address system and other accessories.
These are the main schemes for the upliftment of fisherfolk
• Medical entrance and coaching programmes
• Civil service exam coaching
• Bank Test Coaching
• PSC, UPSC exam Coaching
• Adoption of children of diseased fisherman
• Educational assistance for fisherman children for postmetric studies .
• Carrier guidance programmes