KAVIL (Kerala Aqua Ventures International Limited)
A Government of Kerala undertaking company for ornamental fisheries development & marketing
KAVIL at a glance
- Common platform for the ornamental fish farmers to market their fish to national and international markets.
- Organise marketing through KAVIL RETAIL OUTLET, BUYER SELLER MEETS, TRADESHOWS and EXPORTS.
- Business promotion of the product offerings of KAVIL such as aquarium fish, plants, ornamental fish seeds, brood fishes and aquarium accessories.
- Production and operations management in aqua hubs, purchase from homestead units and other farms and conditioning, packing and marketing of ornamental fishes.
- Capacity building trainings to farmers, entrepreneurs and start-ups in ornamental fish production and trade.
- Support homestead units for ornamental fish production, financial assistance, aquatic animal health, quality and marketing for livelihood enhancement.
- Production of good quality fishes in the brood bank and supply to farmers for rearing to commercial size or development of brood stock.
- Consultation services for the ornamental fish farmers in disease diagnosis, treatments, and water quality analysis.
- Import of brood fishes, fish seeds and accessories for development of Aquaculture and domestic marketing.
- Design and installation of aquaria and technical support for setting up of ornamental fish farming units.
- Rent out the facilities of Aqua hubs for entrepreneurs mainly through Expression of Interest (EOI) for ornamental fish production
- Extension and consultancy activities to promote and streamline the production of quality ensured ornamental fishes in required quantities to meet the market demand.
Facilities in KAVIL